Car Polishing & Waxing: Are They the Same?
Owning a car comes with a lot of responsibilities and expenses. You don’t use it just to drive around town. Cars need a regular TLC every now and then. We bring our cars to a trusted car detailing company and expert car modification team. A car detailer’s job is to go beyond cleaning the interior and exterior parts of your car. They also do a deeper clean and apply chemicals for an added protection to your car’s exterior.
This blog from Prestige Perfection, supplier of the top car accessories must-have in Australia and expert car detailer, explains two different concepts: car polishing and waxing. Read the full content and be guided properly on what you should do to maintain your car’s beauty.
What is polishing?
After a much-needed wash, your car’s exterior needs extra protection. The best thing to do after a carwash service is a full polishing job. It is a must that you polish first before waxing. From that sentence you already notice that they are not the same thing.
Polishing is the process of applying products that can eliminate surface scratches, swirls, oxidation marks, dirt and other minor imperfections. You can choose from an abrasive or non-abrasive approach.
- Abrasive – using compounding agents or liquids that when applied to a buffing machine can act as a very fine grit sandpaper that mildly shaves down the clear coat surface. It helps in leveling your car’s surface and removes minor scratches.
- Non-abrasive – using chemicals that do not contain any ingredients that chemically abrade your car paint.
In terms of results, polishing your car provides longer car shine than that of waxing. For a greater result ask your trusted car detailers to do a proper polishing of your choice before applying wax.
What is car waxing?
The application of wax protects your car’s paint coating. After a good cleaning and polishing, it is advisable to finish the task off with a good wax application. It makes your car’s paintwork shine and glossy. If polishing removes a fine layer of paint, waxing on the other hand puts a smooth coating on top of the paint. Listed below are some of the benefits of car waxing:
- It protects your car’s coating from different weather conditions. Some wax has protective properties against UV rays, ice and water marks.
- It provides the perfect gloss your car needs.
- It is an added layer of protection against scratches.
- It shields your car from dirt and liquid grime.
- It keeps your car looking clean and new.
Prestige Perfection: Creating a Lasting and Quality Shine on Your Car’s Coating.
Prestige Perfection is best known for our selection of luxury car accessories for the car’s interior but we also have quality car detailing services like car polishing and paint correction. We use the best polishing and waxing products to deliver the best results all the time. After achieving the ‘brand-new” look on your car’s exterior you might want to consider our services for your car interior:
- We do custom interior for cars to achieve a more personalised style.
- You get the best car accessories made from high quality materials like our leather seat covers, 3D mats and trunk mats.
- We make your car look more prestigious by installing cool interior car accessories.
Dial our numbers to know how our car detailing services and car interior accessories can transform your car as the most luxurious looking auto on your block!
27 Jan 2022